Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the comments guys, it was a real BOOM moment :D :lol: :D

Had an interesting evening chasing some pre-decimals along a local bush track with some success.

Found an old button ( Blackett West Smithfield London), so I sniffed out a crumb trail of bit and pieces until I came across a cool hand forged hammer, sniffed a bit more for penknife and harmonica parts, then found an old star brooch with broken glass inside it. Thought I must have been on an old wood cutters camp and a bucket handle in a European midden of local oyster shells and bottle fragments surfaced, confirming habitation.

Had a quick swing around the opening small sandstone cave nearby and found an axe head with steel wedge still inside burried down about 1 foot deep.

It was getting dark, so I did a quick run downhill to see if the site extended and came across a silver pocket watch.

Needless to say ..... I will go back to see if more treasures surface.

1482406321_image.jpg

Vesta match striker ,.... hope you find the rest of it Wally. :p 8) :cool:

G'Day Wally69,
Looks like your latest hunt has taken you way back in history, very interesting finds, will be great to see what else comes to light on future hunts. Keep an eye out for drop bears and other unwelcome visitors while out in the bush detecting on your own, don't wish to read about you on the front page of a news paper for the wrong reasons.
Merry Christmas, SinHof.

Had to face the solidude of a return visit today after work SinHof. :eek:

Picked up a mix of modern (1922 Penny and pill box) and old, just how old ...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: got a few date indicators today so might be a bit closer to finding out.

Square nails and a waist coat buckle put it pre 1900s and just as I was thinking these guys were broke I found a half penny that was too crusty to date but could make out victoria, so again pre 1900s :D

1482491545_image.jpg

1482491568_image.jpg

Put a broken bottle into my finds bag as it was very thick and looked like it had some writing on it. Turns out to be an original Tooths bottle dating some time after 1835. :D

1482491496_image.jpg

1482491518_image.jpg

Wow Wally, pristine condition type ugly, rarest of the rare too ! :eek: UGH