Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SinHof said:
Hi Wally69,
In your post above you wrote " Found this one around the corner from you tonight" were you in Newcastle?
Cheers, SinHof.

Yes mate - did a run up to Waratah to visit family and had a few hours to kill closer to town.

I need to thank you guys for leaving all the goodies in the ground ;)

Hope the trading token cleans up well - very happy to have found it. :D mini silver pocket watch is an interesting find as well

Jakel loves Shorty

1472981334_image.jpg

Think my 1921 has a cut F die error

1472981381_image.jpg

1472981402_image.jpg

Did a bit of a cleanup around the shed on the weekend and re-found a object I promised a few PA members to get a photo of.

It is a 1860s J+B 4 inch horse bell, inscribed SUCCESS TO HORSE TEAMS. It was found near an old mine camp site that I am keen to get back to with the 705 as it is tucked away in the folds of the Hill End goldfields.

At first I thought it was a dinner bell, then a trophy but it's purpose is to produce a crisp and clear donk-donk-donk that can penetrate the thickest winters morning fog and lead the owner to a free-grazing horse or gold-ore mule.

1474283578_image.jpg

Hi Wally69,
Good old Hill End, the surprise targets just keep coming for those that take the time to research and look.
SinHof.

Had a function back in my home town and stopped into my neighbouring park to get changed, had 20mins to spare and the 705 had just come back from being repaired, so went searching for the mythical Boomerang that is meant to be there.

Looks like thhe Newcastle meet up missed a few goodies :D

1478406097_image.jpg

Gold Silver & Diamonds Wally ,.... what could be better than that on a quick hunt !.
8) :eek: 8) :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Here's mine that I have left from childhood, painted it blue as a kid ,.... had two of them and two jeeps as well, but someone obviously wanted them much more than me and made off with them when I was a kid, either that or they are still under the cement slab that happened over all that wonderful sand I was playing in as a 7 or 8 year old ! 8) :eek: :lol:
Gave it to youngest son a few years back now. :D
1482105765_20161219_095743.jpg

1482105795_20161219_095731.jpg

awsome find Wally, yours looks to be an older model than mine, good nick for being in the ground so long ! 8) :cool:

Latest posts