Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
The universe telling you, that its ok to nick-off, whilst visiting the inlaws :)

I did see this thread early on....anyway top hunting Wally, your one of the best!

Great hunt Wally, you guys in the "Big Smoke" seem to have some great old locations to hunt over, compared to us up here in the far northern suburbs.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, glad I can add to your entertainment.

I have been working 3500km away from home all week and had planned to chase gold this weekend but the weather and a reminder of Father's Day halted my plans to get out to Hill End for the first time in 6 months 8.( so have been feeling a bit deflated after last week's excitement.

But the show goes on :lol: the years of training the eyes to pick up the earth's signs of where golden treasure hides has meant I developed an unusual skill and I think I have morphed into a human detector. :eek:

As I was swinging myself into a taxi, the corner of my eye spotted an urban crevice with a glint of the sort of treasure that makes your heart flutter and eyes pop out of your head in a trance-like focus that makes everything in the world dissapeared for a fleeting moment.... :p GOLD ... :D

As the world slowed down, my fingers took a smooth sweeping SDC style motion towards what reminded me of one of those Hill End trench mines, albeit at a much smaller scale, and plucked out a golden globe from the crack in the earth. The treasure came trailing out of its hiding place with a fabulous flash of colour and grace and with a similar sweeping motion my second leg hit the floor of the taxi.

It must rate as one of my quickest impromptu treasure hunts but a string of pearls with a golden clasp possibly rates as the truest definition of Treasure :D

1472863667_image.jpg

I think you will have to change your user name to Hawkeye Wally69, great pick-up mate. Mrs Wally 69 might like it and that should gain you some brownie points, look out hill End.
Cheers SinHof.

As it happens SinHof, the weekend has turned into Mothers Day. :rolleyes:

But there is one happy lady with new bling and me home ......

knew from the outset the pearls were not going to pay for a new detector :lol: :D :lol:

New detector, H'mmmmmm; one would hope there would be a 7 in the model number somewhere, go for it mate you won't be disappointed.
SinHof.

Got to work for a reason Sinhof ;) Found this one around the corner from you tonight along with a few other goodies.

Beaides the obvious face value - does anyone know what this might be ???? It is close to HP size.

1472902635_image.jpg

Hi Wally69,
In your post above you wrote " Found this one around the corner from you tonight" were you in Newcastle?
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts