Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out for a couple of hours thisafternoon to the spot I found the dolls leg, was on a mission to find the Holey dollar that should have been there.

Had a heap of hopefuls come out of the ground ;) but I think some lucky guy beat me to it as there were detector holes everywhere :( I did however manage to pop a bun head penny in the middle of the holes :D

Found a few interesting relics including a ring and part of a silver pocket watch cover which has an engraving in the back of it indicating it was a gift in 1901. The white bottle bits may interest collectors as they are Doulton, shame they are not intact.

Not quite sure what the round heart patterned disc is but it may have been a cloak pin as it looks like it had a pin attached to the back at some stage.

1470480424_image.jpg

Went bush this afternoon for a quick swing to see if I could find some military relics lost during war games. The area i targeted is a sandstone escarpment with overhangs that would suit ambushing.

A few unfired bullets confirmed the ground was good, but what surfaced next was a surprise. :eek: well not completely, as I have been theorising that the overhangs would provide a good hidy-hole for all sorts of things. A stashed pistol, bayonet, rum corps stash or hoard of Holey dollars is where my natural thoughts wandered to as I worked my way along a likely overhang.........

BOOM...... :lol: :D there, in the charred dirt surrounding a tree, next to a rock, the 705 woke me up from my day dream. I could see coins everywhere. :p :p :p

58 in total came out of the earth and made their way onto the rock., my biggest hoard to date :D

1472370377_image.jpg

1472370400_image.jpg

I have never looked at this thread, because I thought it only about gold.....got lots to read now :)

Wally69 said:
1899 is the earliest Goldpick but I would say the picks are gold rush era items. To find three in 2m2 adds a bit of mystery and gave me hope that something earlier could be there.

A brass top to a cricket stump Silver.

So, couldn't help myself and dropped in on the way home for a quick swing. Got a mob of roos, a hatchet to add to the tool collection and a bucket list item. I am still on a high. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1446015147_image.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1446015256_image.jpg

snake buckle! its on my list! nice

Latest posts