Heathcote Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Was going though old files in Photobucket and come across these maps I did some time back

RosyGullyFirebook.jpg

RosyGullyFiremap.jpg

RosyGullyGoogle.jpg

RosyGullyTopo.jpg

oneeye.jpg

CravensReefgoogle.jpg

CravensReef.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4google.jpg

3D2.jpg

3D3.jpg

3D.jpg

8)

Rob

It all helps to find just the spot, so yes it has and with any of the others places that I sent countless hour doing just part of the research you do

Mate I wish I was that proficient. Probably go a long way to limiting the amount of time I spend in extreme weather panning up samples. Great share.

Thanks for sharing detrack. I dont have a GPS so I've been using the planning maps (http: //services.land.vic.gov.au/maps/pmo.jsp) in conjunction with the geovic maps to try and find possible spots. The planning maps have all the tracks in State Forests, etc The geovic maps would be a million times better if they had the tracks too.

Gotta love Memory maps, great value for $.
I'd be lost without it.

Interesting maps. I have been scratching around the area in some sites outside the forests. Not much luck yet but still hopeful. Does anyone else have any feedback re this strategy?

Hi Detrack

I got the right post this time.

I saw the small inset map for the general area on the 7th map above. Could you point me in the right direction to get a larger one?

Thanks good digging

Headed out to Heathcote today with the wife - spent 1/2 day in the north and 1/2 day south. Good to see it's been well re-stocked with .22 shells and lead slugs. Saw a few others out detecting. Plenty of signs of impromptu camping areas and so many new tracks next to tracks next to diggings....next to tracks. It's a very picturesque forest and plenty of wildlife to distract you while collecting the .22s. Plenty of fresh scrapings around, very dry, will be going back at some stage but unfortunately, no colour today :(

Latest posts