Prospecting in Northern NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Blue Dog,

Sorry mate I was away camping when you wrote that but yes I would've been keen otherwise. Thanks for the offer and please give us a shout next time.

cheers,

Justin

Blue Dog Prospecting Au said:
Gday everyone I'm Blake from Blue Dog Prospecting I live in near Maclean if anyone wants to meet up for a dig out the back of Grafton let me know.
Also may I add Dalmorton is pretty hammered and its hard to find any decent gold there these days.
I have a few spots I don't mind taking people to but like everyone I have my secret spots no one goes near and only very very close friends know about. Cheers everyone happy prospecting.
Check out my YouTube channel
Blue Dog Prospecting. :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:
Arrr love maclean.
Was born and bred there.spat out on the grass at brooms head :)
All my rellies live there.My uncle ran the maclean pool for 35yrs...Dad and 3 uncles are all prawners on the clarence river. Love that place so many memories. :perfect:

[\quote]
Arrr love maclean.
All my rellies live there.My uncle ran the maclean pool for 35yrs...Dad and 3 uncles are all prawners on the clarence river. Love that place so many memories. :perfect:
I have been a prawn fisherman since I was 12 years old I'm now retired from fishing its to hard to make a pay these days with all the fees associated. It's sad because it used to be such a profitable business I love the Clarence valley.
I'll be heading out for a dig in a fortnight depending on how much rain we get. If anyone is keen to come let me know on here cheers everyone. This seems like a great page
:clap: :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

[\quote]
Arrr love maclean.
I have been a prawn fisherman since I was 12 years old I'm now retired from fishing its to hard to make a pay these days with all the fees associated. It's sad because it used to be such a profitable business I love the Clarence valley.
I'll be heading out for a dig in a fortnight depending on how much rain we get. If anyone is keen to come let me know on here cheers everyone. This seems like a great page
:clap: :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:
Yes sad but true the good old days are long gone.

Im new to this area, moved up here from the golden triangle in Victoria. Im glad there is gold in the hills nearby. My partner and I are based in the Ballina shire and will be planning some gold hunts over the coming months. What I have read so far has been very helpful but if anyone is happy to elaborate a little more on their favourite creeks etc to work than that would be great. As the goldfields are no longer on my doorstep it makes it a little more difficult to put in days of scouting. Big thanks in advance. :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

And is great 'Exercise'.....

Blue Dog, you must be in the wrong spot at Dalmorton.... As I said, the Hills are full of gold ;) .....

Look up 'Revolution Mining' ... they were the latest to explore the Area with very good results.... But unfortunately were chassed out by some 'residents'...

I can float down that river and snip Gold all day as well.... ;)

LW...

LW.
Revolution Mining may have been a bit of a promoters show looking for gullible investor funds.
M

P.s I normally head out the back of Coffs or Grafton I'm always keen to meet new prospecting buddies :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Hey mate,

Greenhorn here just browsing the forums.
located in coffs and really wanting to get out there and find some shiny stuff.
im just not overly familiar with locations as ive moved out here to be with family about 12 months ago.
slowly figuring it all out while hitting the tracks in the 4by.
still confused about where i am allowed to be and get a little paranoid to heading deeper into the stix on my own, not being familiar with it all.

any info or even a finger in the an approximate right direction of where i could have a pan without being chased away (I have gotten my permit) everytime im out and find a place that i think looks good, i get home and check the maps and find its either national park/ private land or a no fossicking area.

hoping to head out on thursday, just figuring out where!

Beware that there are some strange residents in the hills... Best not be alone....

Also be aware of the 'Green Gold'.... NEVER enter a 'Garden'... Most have Booby traps set up...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Beware that there are some strange residents in the hills... Best not be alone....

Also be aware of the 'Green Gold'.... NEVER enter a 'Garden'... Most have Booby traps set up...

LW....

yeh i definetly dont feel comfortable trecking around by myself (deep) in the bush. mainly because i dont know the area and the people around those areas and out of fear id find myself somewhere i shouldnt be without paying attention.
i grew up in the bush but just not around here.

everyones been awesome with the info today, id still really like to go for a pan tomorrow, i only get one kid free day a week. so need to sit down and find somewhere thats easily accessible, where i can be with my permit. :perfect:

Hi Blue Dog prospecting AU, wondering if you are still prospecting out behind Byron ,bay? A mate and I are heading back around Drake in May. Always keen to meet up with like minded prospectors. Cheers Don