Aldi detector still in stock 23/1/

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
old hand said:
Aldi Maryborough has 12 detector in stock 23/1/2015 regards john :)

they seem to be out of stock in most areas, would you post one if i eft you the cash ? please

Hi Doctor. There was 2 at one of my local Aldis today. I say WAS 2 because I bought one. More than happy to post it to you for cost plus postage.

Cheers

Ramjet.

Any good for a kid? The young bloke is forever fascinated ( not too shabby with it either) by mine I adjust it up for him but the over bearing adult in me leaves me nervous after 5 mins. Cheap enough does the job but I haven't seen one in the flesh. I'm really meaning how hard would the weight and length be to handle?

Cheers RJ. I'll see if the local still has a unit, I'd like to give the kid a go with something he's interested in that gets him outdoors even more. Can do a great job at recovery and retrieval so I think he's earned his stripes. :D

Hey Ramjet, a funny story. My grandson has been over to stay so I took him out with the AT Pro and let him have swing. We were at a place that I thought might turn up some really old pre-decimals, so he started swinging. Hadn't gone far, got a clear signal, 8" down.........8" down. "Dig there Papa" "Yes sir" So I started to dig and sure enough about 8" down we struck it.........a water pipe. And my plug spade did a great job of the plastic pipe. So we didn't get much else from the afternoon except a trip to the local hardware store and the fitting to fix said pipe. [I'm sure those early pre-decimals are still there though]

And how much are the Aldi detectors, please?

99 dollars, but in one of the threads someone mentioned discounted to 69.

I have come across a few copper pipes. Luckily I did no damage. Aldi detector is $99. I saw on FB were some places have reduced the price. $69 I thin k it was. Not at my local unfortunately.I will be asking tomorrow.

These Aldi detectors, Are they easy to use or do you have to be a detectorist to "understand" them?

I've been thinking of a Garrett Ace 150 for the boy but hey $99 is better than $205ish in Aus or $120 in US!

Pretty basic. Turn on and dig everything. They do have discrimination. There is a good video on here sonewhere. A few members are doing very well with them in parks.

THnaks RJ. Thought it might be an ok machine for the boy but I think he needs a bit of discrim after using the AT Pro. Probably an Ace 250 would be the go. Anyway thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts