You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 12:02 pm

After a recent post one of our member suggested that we prospectors should start our own political party, I think its a great idea.

I think we could and i think we have more than enough members on this forum alone to form our own party, what does everyone think???

Ryan

love finding free stuff:-)

rocketaroo
17 January 2015 12:21 pm

It isnt a bad idea, does the govt give money to new parties, to run campaigns?

2017 326 Silvers for the year.
2018 TBA lol

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 12:30 pm

rocketaroo wrote:

It isnt a bad idea, does the govt give money to new parties, to run campaigns?

Not sure mate, i have to look into it.

If we could get members to post on here what they would like to see changed/implemented to benefit us all, this would be the starting point as ive heard that some "behind the scene people are trying to ban the use of sluices"
That makes me angry so id like that issue dealt with ASAP.

Cheers
Ryan

Jaros
17 January 2015 12:49 pm

Hic!! whose gunna go fo 'MINE hic!! PRIMISTAR?!!! Hic!! big_smile

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: silver

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 12:52 pm

Jaros wrote:

Hic!! whose gunna go fo 'MINE hic!! PRIMISTAR?!!! Hic!! big_smile

What,not following you Jaros????

Jaros
17 January 2015 12:54 pm

Bit of a joke mate. tongue tongue

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 12:58 pm

Jaros wrote:

Bit of a joke mate. tongue tongue

Whats so laughable about the idea, are you saying that you not interested?

Jaros
17 January 2015 01:23 pm

I class this as an enjoyable hobby with enjoyable people involved with it.
Any sort of political or religious discussion usually brings out "stuff i don't want to be part of.
Please keep our forum 'politics' free.

Jaros tongue

Tathradj
17 January 2015 01:32 pm

I was taught in past teachings to be open and honest.
The two topics that will always cause conflict are Politics and religion.
But,
To me there is nothing wrong with trying to rally support for a cause that we all can be a part of.
I would suggest that the idea if it takes off is to create a Website to garner more support.
It is a good idea.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

6 users like this post: Jaros, rocketaroo, Ryan1981, isolation, LC76, Twapster

yobskin
17 January 2015 01:37 pm

I agree with you jaros!
But in 5years time when our enjoyable hobby is outlawed i bet then you wished you had done somthing about it.. big_smile
Just saying is all, cause thats how i would feel. wink

Try and try again...

4 users like this post: Ryan1981, Hiluxlou, isolation, LC76

aushunter
17 January 2015 01:47 pm

yobskin wrote:

I agree with you jaros!
But in 5years time when our enjoyable hobby is outlawed i bet then you wished you had done somthing about it.. big_smile
Just saying is all, cause thats how i would feel. wink

Exactly that Yob, to many people also think it is a good idea but don't do anything about it, long gone are the days when people would ban together and say enough is enough.
I am not tee up very well with politics but in saying that something does need to be done, wont hurt the armchair digger at all but the ones that get out there and do it legally are the ones who will be at a dis advantage.
My 2 cents worth, Oh btw, heading out tomorrow to get me some more gold.
Cheers
Brad...

35yrs digging and I aint rich yet.

1 user likes this post: Ryan1981

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 02:00 pm

Jaros im not trying to start a war war 3, im just stating the our hobby is under attack buy the powers that be, to having said that the the option is to fight fire with fire.
Not sit on the fence and have a cry about it after the fact,

In relation to who would be the representative of said party, The internal voting of the party members would elect said person , just like any other party.

Ryan

Metamorphic
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
17 January 2015 02:28 pm

Hi Ryan, get in contact with forum member 'Puddler Bill'.

I believe he is already in the process of forming a 'prospectors' political party in alliance with the Mountain Cattleman's Assoc.

Have you seen the Victorian Miners Right thread? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … hp?id=9934

You are right though, we need to take a stand before its too late and anyone who does so has my support!

The PMAV and NAPFA currently remain our only supporting organizations at this stage, joining up is a start everyone can easily make if they want to help!

wink

Last edited by Metamorphic (17 January 2015 02:39 pm)

(PMAV member) There is no better indication of a lot of gold, than a little gold - Sam Cash.

4 users like this post: Ryan1981, isolation, yobskin, ched66

Hiluxlou
Banned
Banned
17 January 2015 02:42 pm

I find it quiet unbelievable that our great country is what it is because of mining yet average Joe prospector is being squeezed out , it's the same for a lot of Hobbes/pastimes fishing , 4WDing , camping , prospecting , shooting ,etc ,etc are all in the firing line. The push to ban these hobbies is primarily from the f###en greenies ( those hipster flogs who live in inner city and never go into the bush) . Kill off the greens and the problem is solved........

3 users like this post: Metamorphic, yobskin, ched66

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 02:44 pm

Metamorphic wrote:

Hi Ryan, get in contact with forum member 'Puddler Bill'.

I believe he is already in the process of forming a 'prospectors' political party in alliance with the Mountain Cattleman's Assoc.

Have you seen the Victorian Miners Right thread? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … hp?id=9934

You are right though, we need to take a stand before its too late and anyone who does so has my support!

The PMAV and NAPFA currently remain our only supporting organizations at this stage, joining up is a start everyone can easily make if they want to help!

wink

Thanks mate will do.
Ryan

1 user likes this post: Metamorphic

Puddler Bill
17 January 2015 03:04 pm

Jaros, I think you miss the point here by a very long way. Most people on here are hobbyists, and I would think that there are less than a dozen full time gold miners on here and I include myself in that dozen. But if the hobbyists bury their heads in the sand, they may as well pack up and take their gear to the tip. First we lost dredging, then we are facing bans or restrictions on sluicing, then it will be detectors. I am specifically referring to Victoria.
If you think I am missing the point here then have a good look on the Victorian National Parks Association of Victoria's website. They have us in their sights and are fully loaded and ready to fire. They want no prospecting of any sort in Parks, and they keep wanting to declare National Parks over existing goldfields. If they continue the only place we have to prospect will be at the local tip.
The VNPA is funded by the Victorian Branch of the ALP, and the Greens.
Just have a look on their website and see who else backs them. It's scary. As I have said before and I say it again. The only way to retain our existing rights to access to Crown Land is to form a Political Party.
I live in an electorate where an independent tipped a long standing Liberal member out of what has always been a very safe Liberal seat. Why did she win? Because she represented the people of Rural Victoria. I know this person very well and have had numerous talks to her before and after the last couple of elections.
I was going to stand at the last election, and I know I had no chance of winning, but to simply make a point. However I considered the result from the President of the PMAV who stood as an independent at an election a few years back to represent all prospectors. She didn't do that well as she was not in a Political Party. If I had stood as a member of a Political Party, the other major parties would be offering deals with preferences etc. This is what we need to do.
The support for prospecting in rural Victoria is massive.
The awareness of prospecting lobby groups is not.
The way to increase awareness is to have a political profile. It's the ONLY way.
I will state here now that I will be forming a Political Party later this year, with the sole intention of having a presence at the next State Election 3 or so years from now. There are 6000+ Miners Right Holders in this state of which about half are PMAV members. If I could get 1000 members, and get even a few to stand in their local electorate at the next election then we can fight the Greens on their own ground. The ALP showed at the last election they would not preference the Greens, so they are realising that they are a dangerous ally and want to keep them at arms length.
To say Jaros that you want to keep politics off the site is burying your head in the sand. All that will do is give you a kick in the pants. However I will give those who want a place to support a political party a place to do so in the next few days in the interests of forum harmony.
As there seem to be a few people here interested in forming a Political Party I will fast track my plans. Stay tuned for a bit more info on this in the next few days.
And I can assure you all that Clive Palmer and the Lunatic party will not be a part of it.

Last edited by Puddler Bill (17 January 2015 03:09 pm)

11 users like this post: Ryan1981, Big Nugget, isolation, Metamorphic, yobskin, LC76, loamer, ched66, Billy, Bacchus, Tathradj

isolation
17 January 2015 03:13 pm

Jaros wrote:

"stuff i don't want to be part of.

You can choose not to be a part of it, but that shouldn't affect the choice of those who do.

Jaros wrote:

Please keep our forum 'politics' free

I don't see how burying our heads in the sand will solve anything. All we have is power though people and politics.

The only other option is we take our picks and shovels to the streets, which kinda sounds fun, but I don't think it will solve anything smile

My 2c worth smile

2 users like this post: LC76, ched66

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 03:14 pm

isolation wrote:
Jaros wrote:

"stuff i don't want to be part of.

You can choose not to be a part of it, but that shouldn't affect the choice of those who do.

Jaros wrote:

Please keep our forum 'politics' free

I don't see how burying our heads in the sand will solve anything. All we have is power though people and politics.

The only other option is we take our picks and shovels to the streets, which kinda sounds fun, but I don't think it will solve anything smile

My 2c worth smile

WELL SAID, thank you

lucky streak
Banned
Banned
17 January 2015 05:31 pm

I'm in guys

Tassie Daz
17 January 2015 05:36 pm

Politics aside, if we all sit around and wish we said something, and in the process watch our hobby of Fossicking and Prospecting driven under ground, so to speak, then when it occurs, we wont be able to say too much to defend our inaction. I'm not one for Politicizing anything because as has been seen so many times, those who go into it to "Keep the bastards honest" just end up becoming one of them [generalization I know]. If we are to make our point about the hobby of Fossicking and Prospecting then we should be placing it before the Government everyday of every week. And if this forum doesn't have a policy of discussion on the things that could invade and destroy it - politicking - then it should have. We'll all be totally distraught if our hobby is changed for the worse. And to add a quote from another thread on here - "If nothing happens, nothing happens."

So Jaros, this forum is a great place to get all sorts of info on F & P, but I think we should be able to discuss those things that ultimately have the capacity to change F & P [Fossicking and Prospecting].

Just sayin'

Garret ATX, Garrett Pro-pointer, Garrett AT Pro, Unused (as yet) home made Highbanker, and a true believer! Trying to Learn to SEE, not just LOOK

3 users like this post: ched66, Metamorphic, Ryan1981

ched66
17 January 2015 05:42 pm

I think it is a great idea to get a political party established that will support the hobby and pastime we all love. Although just on the platform of prospecting/fossicking isn't going to be enough to garner the support needed to really succeed and make a difference. There are numerous causes that could be incorporated into policy, for instance 4wd enthusiasts, Campers, Bushwalkers, etc.
Then you could incorporate a stand on the shambolic and archaic Family Law and Child Support system which is wreaking havoc in the lives of many thousands of law abiding, taxpaying citizens. I'm sure there are many more worthy causes a political party, with the broad perspective, knowledge and drive of people in this forum, could bring to the attention of the media and, hence, the wider Australian community, to really have a go at making a difference...............I'm open to hear ideas and throw those ideas and more around...........there is a very broad and diversified group here and I think we should throw some different views around..........just thought I'd throw my say in guys wink

It's where ya find it........

1 user likes this post: Metamorphic

Colmaca
17 January 2015 05:45 pm

IsayNO.jpg

Died

Puddler Bill
17 January 2015 07:11 pm

Wanna qualify that Colmaca? You don't have to join. Just sayin. Why do you say no so emphatically?

Ryan1981
17 January 2015 07:15 pm

i guess hes out,lol

Puddler Bill
17 January 2015 07:16 pm

Ched 66.As I have said on another thread. Joining with these other groups just doesn't work. We have had RPLUG (Recreational Prospectors and Land Users Group) and BUG'S (Bush Users Group) which included shooters, fishers 4x4 operators etc. Both failed to achieve anything. Too many agenda's. Much better if each group formed their own political party. The shooters party works. They are represented in Parliament. It has to be Prospecting and Mining only. Then preference each other in an election.
I wouldn't worry too much as Mt.Isa is a long way from Victoria. I do intend to fire up a Political Party in Victoria to contest the next State Election. Federal is not on my agenda unless there are enough interstate members. It would be grand to contest a Federal Election and represent the Prospectors of Australia.

Last edited by Puddler Bill (17 January 2015 07:19 pm)

1 user likes this post: Simmo

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site