Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part about it is that all the retailers are doing the same things. They may be owned by different people but their management staff all came out of the same sausage machine that produces "managers". They all learn the same tricks and they all need to return a profit to their shareholders. And remember that as the "on paper" value of a company rises, so must it's return to investors....And the more the company earns, the more it is worth on paper and we end up where we are today. Coles, Woolworths, IGA and Aldi all do basically the same things, they screw their suppliers and customers equally, all in the name of making more money for people that already have rather more than they can spend in a lifetime. Sadly, there is no viable alternative and forcing the major players to divest themselves of some outlets to improve competition....whoever thought that might work had obviously been eating those wild mushrooms with the yellow tops...
Look at all the retailers of what we call "essentials", things like food, fuel, electricity, health and housing.... The product may be different, the attitudes are the same. Profit before people.

Looking at filling up the Holden yesterday and so I go onto fuel watch to have a gander at the prices. 500 mtrs up the road $2.38 E10, 5 klm away $2.07 E10 and 500 mtrs down from that place $1.89 E10 less 4 cents for member card. The big players continue to rip the public off so now i go to the independents. Plain and simple. Just like Sand Surfer dealing through his local butcher and green grocer.

We have 2 vehicles due for registration renewal next month , $434 for the registration (NSW) plus CTP Greens slips with GIO ..
GIO sent out the renewal notices and are charging $510.43 almost double what they charged last year ..Did a comparison search on line and found a much cheaper alternative with QBE ..
I wonder how many people get the CCTP renewal notice in the mail and just pay the higher premium, with out checking around for a cheaper alternative ?

We have 2 vehicles due for registration renewal next month , $434 for the registration (NSW) plus CTP Greens slips with GIO ..
GIO sent out the renewal notices and are charging $510.43 almost double what they charged last year ..Did a comparison search on line and found a much cheaper alternative with QBE ..
I wonder how many people get the CCTP renewal notice in the mail and just pay the higher premium, with out checking around for a cheaper alternative ?
No loyalty with insurance companies now. I shop around at renewal time on all my policies.
The underwriters are usually one of a handful of companies anyway.

I wouldn’t be complaining at those prices mate as i just paid rego and ctp on my personal vehicle , $1,000 plus insurance of $855. Good old Qld ripoff .

Last edited:
my bank was bought/taken over by one of the big 4 ,the staff are not sure if they are going to shut down our branch here
i refuse to bank with the new owners (personal reasons) so i wonder into another bank in town to open a new account, told it will be 5 weeks before i can get a appointment to open an account with them (what the )
i said what is this appointment rot ,you are a bank employee/teller you should be able to open a account for me
(her )no, the women that does the new accounts has been off work for 3 weeks and we are trying to catch up
(me) so no one else here could not cover her while she is off work crook
(her) no we have the 2 staff at the counter the new accounts person and the manager ,that is all the staff we have here
me don't worry about it ,walked down the street to heritage bank and opened a account straight away
what is wrong with these clowns these days
how many months would it take to transfer the house and vehicles insurance if there is no one there to do it

Latest posts