Sand scoop recommendations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to detecting and would like to head out to the beach

Which scoop would you recommend? I have googled and have found it difficult to select as there seems to be a wide range - plastic/stainless steel and also prices

I am a beginner and would probably go dry sand and maybe shallow water first up

Thank you and appreciate your suggestions :)

Check these out, Sito stainless scoops, https://sitoscoop.com/ I bought one and fitted a aluminum handle. Will need a long handle if detecting in the water, a plastic hand held one ok for dry sand.
I use a small short handle shovel with the D handle on top ( bunnings / supercheap ) and a pinpointer on the beach if not working in the water, Easier if on wet sand than the hand scoop. Off course a long handle scoop will do all this. You will need a pinpointer if detecting parks / playgrounds ect

Attachments

• IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 2
I also have the Sito scoop, nice and strong and has flat area at rear top to push with foot. I put in a Stainless handle, but included a hand hold, makes it much easier to haul out of the sand, also welded a small handle on the back of the scoop so I could drag the handle along the sand as a marker as to where I had been and it was out of the way of the detector. Had one also with an aluminum handle for wife, same setup.

DSCF2274.JPG

Latest posts