GPX5000 Modifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N.E ok I weighed the battery set up including the lead to the detector it is 540 grams I use a different cover set up it is a hard cover made out of ABS plastic with the Battery holder and Spo1 holder on slide mounts you will get the idea from the photo's.

Regards, Ian.

Attachments

• DSC00001 - Copy (2).JPG
    DSC00001 - Copy (2).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00003 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00003 - Copy.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00004 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00004 - Copy.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Sorry for my tardy responses.

Thanks SS. I have leccy taped the big Minelab battery to the side of the DD cover to give it a try 🤣 It is heavy and makes the detector want to tilt to the R) but I will give it a go this week and see how I fare. Have altered the harness a little to try and get it comfortable. Only have the 12" NF Evo attached at the moment. The 19" Evo will be interesting!

Also thank you IB. I appreciate the photos and the weight. I just got out the Booty Booster that was tucked away in a box and will also give that a whirl this week. Have a Bluetooth Sx unit off the battery and have placed the Booty Booster on the BT Rx side of things to lessen the weight hanging off the detector.

And Woomera, thank you also. That system is just so simple but effective I am surprised there are not more commercially available.