GPX 6000 NF (Nugget Finder) 12x7 coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no I dont have any info I can help ya with, sorry mate.
I just went to the NF website, there's nothing there other than info on one coil. Not sure if they're just updating the website or what
Hope they dont plan to reply on dealers to provide coil info...

Anyone have any firm feedback on the NF 12x9 yet?
I've tried the NF12x7 but only the one day so far.
Took it to a spot we've had some trouble with the stock 11" coil & it definitely ran better there. I ran it in auto+ & it was good but still picking up the odd hot rock or pocket, which I expected running basically flat out. Got 2 bits but neither overly deep or anything I'd be worried about missing with the stock coil.
Apart from it running a bit better there, the best thing for me was the elliptical shape & nosing in around the thick grass after all the rain we'd had.

Thanks BigL and Mbasko,local dealer today has none and not sure when there turning up,they have the goldhawks in stock and the 14x9 i like the look of,id prefer NF's but....
Sent both our 6's in for the audio mod today also,haven't been out since the end of october,back into it in 3 weeks,a medium eleptical would be good up the pilbara in the spinafex,we'll grab a 14x9 and see how it goes.
Good luck this year,go hard 😁

well half ya luck up the Pilbra GC1.. go get em 👍

Make sure you come back and post some of your finds, I love gold from up that way, it seems to have more of a unique look about it - nugget wise

Will do bigl,yeah a lot of it has a different texture or character up there on occasions,we'll only have about 7 weeks in the pilbara june july,the rest of the year further south,got friends that are up there allready,they said it's toasty atm 😂

Thanks BigL and Mbasko,local dealer today has none and not sure when there turning up,they have the goldhawks in stock and the 14x9 i like the look of,id prefer NF's but....
Sent both our 6's in for the audio mod today also,haven't been out since the end of october,back into it in 3 weeks,a medium eleptical would be good up the pilbara in the spinafex,we'll grab a 14x9 and see how it goes.
Good luck this year,go hard 😁
Always liked having a medium sized elliptical in the kit over here in the east.
Got into a spot today that's been pretty much inaccessible due to the thistles. They're still there but the frost has made them die off enough to navigate around them (or parts of them anyway).
The NF 12x7 ran great on the damp ground &, as it should be, great for poking around stuff.
Liking this coil a lot lately.

All found with 12x7 coil & auto+ setting at good depths.
20230719_202545.jpg
Numerous .22 shells, projectiles, various sized shotgun pellets & other misc. iron junk of a variety of sizes/shapes (but why photograph that rubbish 😁).

Anyone have any firm feedback on the NF 12x7 yet?
I’ve had a few sessions with mine it’s a good shape . Definately a bit quieter than the stock coil overall but it does seem to give a few false signals when i scrape it or bump bits of grass, rocks etc. I just received the 14 x 9 and will be taking both to Clermont in a month so hopefully find a few bits and compare the two. Cheers.

On our way home from the pilbara atm,we ended up with the 14x9 goldhawks our 6's,couldn't get the NF coil the week before we left,the boss had the gold hawk allready so i got one for the to poke between the spinny mainly,totally impressed with them,we got 13ozs of nuggets and specis for the month,the coils were brilliant....

Spent 5 days in Clermont with both the 12x7 and 14 x9. Ran both coils on sensitivity 2. Both good coils found 33 bits in total all small, found most with the gold hawk and got plenty where the 2300’s had been over. I prefer the 14x9 super sensitive and quiet whereas the 12x7 does give off noises when bumped into rocks and grass. I won’t be taking the gold hawk off I’m sold on it for now.

Latest posts