Any demand for GPX5000 (US warranty) for AUD4000 ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gb8

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from another country, and visiting Victoria for a 1-month holilday in Nov/ Dec 2014. I am new to gold prospecting, and do not have any suitable equipment.

So I'm thinking.. if I get a used GPX5000 from an authorized US dealer for around USD 3500 to USD 4000. Would I be able to sell the GPX5000 easily, say, in Bendigo, for around AUD 4000 cash ? One risk for buyer is that warranty may not be transferable.

Other options that I found are a used SDC2300 for USD 2700, or new Garrett ATX for USD 1950.

Reason for doing this, instead of renting, is possibly lower cost for me, and it may be difficult for overseas visitor to rent a high value detector.

What do you think ? Is this feasible, or there's more sensible options ?

Welcome to the forum gb8 :D

Im wondering if you may be better off buying it in Australia as part of your duty free when travelling and then selling it in US$ :D

Does anyone else know?

I am sure I have read of U.S. dealers transferring minelab warranty on used tectas to a buyer here. cheaper to buy a M/L. in the U.S. at their dollar rate than here ? don't know about duty free on a tecta. worth a google. have you got the sdc2300 and gpx5ooo deal in the U.S. GB8 ?

Might I ask where you are thinking of going to detect?

Australia, in Nov Dec can have temperatures in the high 30s to 40+ Celsius. (That's 100+ in Fahrenheit)

Plus it's pretty active snake weather and we got some pretty deadly "moving branches".

I'm not trying to put you off, do what you will, but it's not ideal detecting weather.

Latest posts