My White/Blue Bowl

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colmaca

Colin
Reaction score
I Made this today white Bowl, 1st $1 bowl from from crazy Clark broke when I try cut a hole in bottom it was nice blue as well . So I'm going with the white/blue :8

Waiting to dry again after test 1 worked OK but hole was 2 small, bigger water exit should like it to work better .

Bucket = $5 I think

Funnel $6 I went the steep angle The crazy one broke when I cut $1

$10 silicone and gun

Money wasted on crazy Clark stuff $3

Bunnings and supa cheap where it at.

1398065275_p1010837.jpg

Would love to see it going mate. Wouldnt mind making one for myself.
I would have chosen I different colour though. But im sure you will still see the shiny stuff in that one ;)
Greg

Tomorrow I will try Will make video as I should wait until dry 1st time I couldn't wait and broke it last time : :8 It seemed to be working but the hole was 2 small and the bucket fill to the top .

Well test 1 went OK there was still black sand left(I panned it out ) so I think funnel has 2 much angle (60 deg or so ) I have another normal funnel at about 45 deg to try I think that next time it should work way better. but now I got all my black sand out I will have to wait until I get some more gold.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/IFHeYgdgQu4[/video]

Looks like it needs more flow, the material should take on a "Saw Blade" appearance and you should have the sands pushing to the center.

See if you can angle the flow a bit more into the middle, looks like it is going away from the middle.

That looks like a fairly large diameter bowl. Tone could be right that it needs a higher flow but it could be the velocity needs to be increased to get the lighter material into suspension. or a smaller diameter bowl.
Mind you, I'm no expert.

Cheers,

Cliff

Yeah, I agree with Tone. Needs a higher flow.

This may sound silly, but I make a temporary one by just holding the garden hose against the side of my pan (giving similar effect as your elbow through the side) and turn up the pressure and change the angle of hose and pan until it separates the sand/gold. Tilt pan as required, water just overflows, works really well.

Bit easier to pick up with the sniffer then!

Have done this a few times now and has worked a treat each time. This is all I do now. But have been thinking of making cheap permanent one as above. Once its set up no mucking around :)

Chazza

The problem was the funnel was not letting the water out quick enough, the bowl filled up . I'm going to make a new middle with less angle and bigger water outlet next time.

Have you considered reducing the inlet. It may increase velocity whilst decreasing volume. Mine has a 12mm inlet & seems to be OK.

Some of the material looks like it is getting stuck at the join of the funnel and bowl, bit hard to tell if that is just the heavies collecting as they should, or whether the join needs to be smoothed out.

Latest posts