Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just reading about Detech coils made in Bulgaria. What I have read gave them great reviews..anyone with any experience with them especially on GPX machines I would certainly love to hear your opinions. I am shopping for a larger DD coil..as I have a number of various brand Mono coils...and have found gold with all of them. It appears what I have read, that Detech coils are as good if not better than Commander or Nuggetfinder coils. Thanks for all opinions....

Syndyne, I appreciate the link about Detech coils. Not to familiar with them, but what I have read..they appear to be pretty good coils. At this time I am a Nuggetfinder and Commander coil owner..and they work great as it is..

Thanks again,

Zlato

Hi Zlato,
I may be able to help you with Detech coils. I would like to PM you but can`t figure how to do it.

Rege-PA, I am a new member also...and have not figured out how to set my avatar....in time I will...:) I am not sure how to pm either....the Detech coils seem to be a good product..and as a nugget hunter...I want every advantage I can get...to find them...so thats why a presented this question. at the moment I have Nuggetfinder coils and Commander coils, plus a Coiltek or two. You can never have to many...

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SBhVAq7-XY[/video]
Found this vid.
Have read lots of good reviews mainly about good sensitivity & how quite they run in hot ground. Search google "detech coil reviews" & you will find some.
Haven't got one yet myself but will definitely look closely at them for my next coil purchase.

ZlatoZaMene said:
Rege-PA, I am a new member also...and have not figured out how to set my avatar....in time I will...:) I am not sure how to pm either....the Detech coils seem to be a good product..and as a nugget hunter...I want every advantage I can get...to find them...so thats why a presented this question. at the moment I have Nuggetfinder coils and Commander coils, plus a Coiltek or two. You can never have to many...

To set an Avatar, in the very top right of the forum you will see "My Profile", have a flick through the tabs on the left as there are settings for various aspects of the forum, but the Avatar option can be found under the Personality tab.

The PM function will automatically be enabled once you've made 10 legitimate posts on the forum.

For any other questions about forum operations, please take a look under the Forum Support section https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=51

Cheers,
Nugget

Nugget, thanks for the info..it appears my pictures are to big, I have to resize them to load. mBasko, thanks for posting that video.....I think with time and the more people hear about these Detech coils , the more popular they may get.

My wife and I hade the pleasure of meeting Stinky Pete and his lovely wife a bit over a week ago, I purchased a 15 x 8 mono coil, and these are my observations,
First impression is of how robust the coil is, secondly, the weight, is very easy to swing and manoeuvre through weeds etc, and to me being half deaf is the quietness of the coil, that was the most impressive thing to me, using a 4500 the usual noises instead of overrunning target signals it was way down and targets really stood out. The skid plate is solid and very well attached, all in all like most people being a bit dubious about a new product, after using the coil I am very impressed and agree with all the other reviews that I have seen, oh and the price, good !! Hope this helps people make decisions, regards, Gary
Ps I am in no way associated with the product, just my observations as a customer.

thanks for the review delapan I hope my 18x15 sef coil I ordered will be as impressive as the 15x8. Done a lot of research on the detech coils and it seems most people are very happy with their performance.

I just took mine out a few days ago. I have the 15x10 Mono E. Like Delapan says...I found it built very well and light as a feather. I can swing this coil all day without fatigue in my shoulders. The second thing I observed was after my settings and auto-tune and ground balance is how smooth the threshold was....I would say its as good if not better than the other brands. It did not give me much falsing either when bumped..I am very impressed with the performance. Although I did not find any gold that day, I did find some iron trash and lead in the two hours I was using it. Some did not register on the digital scale..Great coil and hope Detech continues with it's path building great coils.
1396212068_detech_coil_15x10_small_bits.jpg

Hi guys

We now have the 15x10 and the 18x12 open mono coils added to the range both of these coils have been given a great workout in the Ozzie fields.

The 18x12 comes in at 900 gram with the Skid, still very sensitive to those sub gram nuggets.

Also our 8" round mono is carving out its own spot in the market.

Regards Stinky

Stinky,

I have tried all three of those coils last few weeks here in California. The 8" RM worked out well to clean up the crumbs down in the bedrock. My all time favorite is the 15x10 EM, I found it a great all around size and the elliptical shape made it much easier to get in between rocks and bushes. Rege was running his 5000 with the 8" and I thought I would try the 18x12 on my 4500, but found out fast that we had to be very far apart because of the EMI. I changed the coil back to the 15x10 and found we could work closer to each other. After testing Detech coils this past week, I am a confident that they work very well and I made my order of all three sizes above.

1398087978_rege_and_i_ready_to_go...bison_creek_ranch.jpg
1398088252_detech_nugg_2.jpg

Rege and I testing out Detech coils on a ranch in California. This little piece was down apprx. 7 - 8 inches.

Ordered 2 coils 8inch mono and 15x8 after watching Kons review I was very impressed with how quick these items where at my door and how helpful Peter was highly reccomend! Next step find gold :)

Latest posts