5kg of Trout maybe more?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe

Reaction score
Mbasko snapper is good mate but try fighting these buggers (local creeks) :)

1393654522_cr.jpg

Woow :eek: :eek: Joe nice catch mate, :D

is that fish from where all the sapphire coming from ;)

Close enough 689 :) there were 3 of us, my son did the best out of the old fellows. May have something to do with me putting his bait on (yabbies)

Although satisfying to catch, that must have been a lot of fun, I find trout as a table fish grossly over rated.
Much rather tuck into a feed of reddies.

Redfin said:
Although satisfying to catch, that must have been a lot of fun, I find trout as a table fish grossly over rated.
Much rather tuck into a feed of reddies.

True you can't beat the ocean catch- taste wise :) even the yellow belly or silver perch (we put in our dams) taste nicer than trout, but fun it was.

You bake the trout with parsley, lemon grass stick, thin slice of ginger, round slice lemon fruit and a sprinkle of sea salt :D :D Yum x2
let me know if you over catch them I will be happy to cook em :lol: :p Drooling already

So much better in the smoker. I use blackwood and a spray of port.
Sea runners taste a lot better than the fresh too.

smoked up trout is a great table fish unfortunately thin large trout like that need to eat too often and dont retain much body fat. bloody decent catch mate

Ah Blackwood chips seen the smoker in BCF :) it was a nice weekend even though the girls were exited temporarily and did catch couple each then left the boys alone due to blackberry bushes and snakes which didn't agree with them.

I have caught trout from streams and they eat good. Good on ya Joe, that would of been a fun days fishing with your family mate. :)

Roscoe said:
I have caught trout from streams and they eat good. Good on ya Joe, that would of been a fun days fishing with your family mate. :)
Thanks Roscoe :) friends and family never complaint , assuming they've enjoined it.

We get smoked trout from a growers market in Sydney. It is the creamiest, zero fishy, superbly smoked I have ever tasted by a long shot. If you could smoke those trout in the pics like that, you've hit the jackpot! Nice catch....no net marks!

brown trout is overrated but rainbows from clean water that feed on yabbies taste awesome ,shame is most people have only tasted the pellet fed farm trout ,i wouldnt rate those either lol good tip for rsinbows in clear wster other than flies an lures is light line piece of cork or bubble float and mould a small bean sinker shape of smelly cheese,rainbows love it .....well done joe

Great catch you have there mate!
Nothing better than catching a fresh trout and putting it in the smoker for dinner that night!
One of my favorite things to do!!

Great catch, they will do nicely for a feed. Maybe smoke with spottedgum, thats what I use for my lamb. May not be everyones first choice but its local, a short stroll and I like :)

My mouth is watering over that catch :) . Healthy looking fish too. great job! I tend to agree with redfin that as a freshwater table fish fried in a pan it's hard to beat redfin. Smoked trout however are another thing altogether. Absolutely delicious! I've experimented with different types of woodchips to smoke trout and found a handful of dry eucalyptus leaves in the smoker does a great job.

Latest posts