Hilux or Nissan navara which is better

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan terrano2 2.7 turbo diesel, goes anywhere, driver like a car and economical, I have one and love it, plus they are cheap :p

Don't shoot me down, they are a good bush basher!

2007 Nissan navara petrol d40 rear wheel drive 6 speed gear box serviced twice changed brake pads at 110000 kms never skipped a beat.

I have had two Prados and now a Pajero. All of them have been the V6, I am not much of a 4WD expert but I certainly take them places and are not prissy about them. They all have scratches to show their 4WD's and not just a city car.

In saying that I do use 90% city and highway 10% Bush on average about 40K - 50K's a year. Power wise they are similar but I prefer the Prado across all areas of the Pajero. In saying that the Pajero has not let me down. But the build quality in the little things has the Prado's (Toyota in general) as my preferred option. Things like leg position for the driver, right leg sits against the door and after a few hours starts to hurt, Prado has a cut out there. Seat adjuster is a three piece item and broke within a few weeks, Prado is lower so you don't get caught when getting in and out. Rattles arggg Prado didn't have any, Pajero within a month things were starting. Windscreens not sure on the angle, but had a chip or two across the Prado's yet the Pajero I have already replaced Three windows in 2.5 years. Yes THREE at over $1k each if not insured correctly that adds up. The people at the windscreen place said they are in their top 10 windscreens replaced.

So not major issues they are great cars, the Pajero (2012) does give a slightly better general ride quality. Not a deal breaker if given the chance would go back to a Toyota in a heart beat. Re Nissan, I tend to think the Nissan's are built tough and a little rougher, but certainly capable. So yes you need to know what you are after. Take them for a test drive that normally makes decisions pretty easy from there.

Why did I get a Pajero, well my new employer would not spend the bit extra on the Prado :(

i have a 07 V6 hilux 4wd ,has headers 2,1/2 inch sports system,K&N air filter system ,goes well but can chew the juice if u are on it .has 50mm lift 18inch wheels ,but is scary in the wet ,overall the hilux seems to have a better resale value even ones with big k,s. and you cant kill it with a stick

Had an 09 nav turbo diesel 4x4 auto, very happy, didnt offroad really mainly tow, did cam belt at 90k and rebuilt rear diff and turbo at 220k, thats it then traded to the 2014 V6 turbo diesel.... big jump in performance :D all good so far.
In 98 hilux started IFS, nothin really wrong with a solid axle rig, easy to lift and offroad better

Latest posts