Hello

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saying hello. I receive a detector for my 50th....a few years ago. I found your site and have been following the forum for a bit. Thanks for starting this site. I have gather a lot of information from here .

I have been happy with my detector. Its a Garrett 350 ACE. I sure I haven't found enough coinage yet to pay for for the machine worth. I have found a lot more. I am amazed how many people approach me with questions. I think I have given every kid I have met on the beach a go. You can tell it is the parents that have more an interest! I bet I could sell one a day. I have found a few car keys for people also. :)

I have given it a go in the bush. Not a bit of luck there. I think I have a lot to learn. I am having so much fun.

I have been looking for gemstones also so this forum is perfect for me.
I have had a little bit of luck finding Olivine around Mortlake Victoria. I have also had the chance to go to Daylesford Vic. Found a few bits of cistine. Also have worked the beaches up and down the Great Ocean Road. Always up for a weekend outing with my partner or the family. I love this state. It is small in size but big in adventure.

Latest posts