Death of the pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
How lost do you feel when your pinpointer dies, I feel so lost when im out Prospecting without my pinpointer :( lol

RIP Garrett pro pointer you served me well

It may have a life yet, does it do anything at all or just look like it should jump to life like an old Holden ?

R.I.P Garrett pinpointer, may you light up and beep over many treasures in the big jewelry box in the sky.

Danmuss, sorry for your loss 8.( 8.(

silver said:
It may have a life yet, does it do anything at all or just look like it should jump to life like an old Holden ?

It's pretty much dead, it was continuously playing up, going crazy with bleeps then the light died, I changed the battery twice still no joy, then watched a YouTube movie on repairs..
On basic repairs with the wiring and by accident I pulled to hard with my super hero powers and ripped all 3 wires from board lol..

Goldagettin said:
R.I.P Garrett pinpointer, may you light up and beep over many treasures in the big jewelry box in the sky.

Danmuss, sorry for your loss 8.( 8.(

Thanks for your kind words lol

Did you try dropping it a few times? It's worked for me before.
Maybe it knew the whites TRX was here?

it may have been dead, ...and then you killed it.(I want mine to live forever)

Gotta hate that mate...I still yet to get my first pinpointer.
I want the whites TRX but seems to be out of stock everywhere

So today we went out searching and it's just a disaster without a pinpointer, takes ages to pinpoint the target..we gave up and had coffee instead lol. ANYONE selling a pinpointer ???

ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE!!
haha as use know my garrett pro pointer died not long ago, a terrible death, wires torn out, button broken off etc.. contacted Garrett and they don't fix Pinpointers so it was good bye forever!
BUT I decided it wasn't over and after some soldering, by passing the broken on/off button to just On all the time and some CPR, it is now alive and well, yes I have to screw the top for my On & Off for it to work but it's lived another life to search my holes :cool:

Well done Danmuss, I was worried about mine the other day, but luckily for me it was just the battery going flat. It's not a nice day when you have to go back to nothing. Go forth now and dig, and do not scratch that 1930 penny when you dig it(it's sitting under a big old tree somewhere) !

Danmuss said:
ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE!!
haha as use know my garrett pro pointer died not long ago, a terrible death, wires torn out, button broken off etc.. contacted Garrett and they don't fix Pinpointers so it was good bye forever!
BUT I decided it wasn't over and after some soldering, by passing the broken on/off button to just On all the time and some CPR, it is now alive and well, yes I have to screw the top for my On & Off for it to work but it's lived another life to search my holes :cool:

If it gets bad again... Let me know as I have repaired a few and also do a few mods to make them a little more stable..

Latest posts