Dubbo Prospecting, Fossicking and Camping Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianJWalters

Brian Walters
Reaction score
Hello fellow gold and treasure hunters, I've set up a new page on Facebook called The Dubbo prospecting, fossicking and camping club for all those people who have an interest in the search for gold, gemstones, fishing or just camping in the bush in the middle of nowhere. The club has been designed to be family friendly and gives the chance for people who are unsure of camping alone or just starting out, to go out camping in a group environment. A group meeting/BBQ is held once a month and camp trips are being organized throughout the year including a camp set at Chaffey Dam in January.

We have just had our first camp at Hill End down the Bridle Trail, Was a small group but we had a blast, Good camp spot by the river, swimming, fishing, gold panning and swapping good stories buy the camp fire.

So feel free to join up and share your adventures, ask questions or give advice on places to go and things to see. Everyone is welcome :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DPFCClub/

Hi Brian

Might look into your facebook page later.

Your comment about the Bridle track down from Hillend to the river interests me. Is it open for cars again. Last time I looked it had a chunk missing and only bikers risked going thru that section.

I went to Ophir with the dubbo prospectin fossicking and camping group on the weekend and had a great time, well organized and a great group to socialize with. i dipped out with finding any but others done ok. Just wanted to let you all know. Well done Brian, true with the fact it is family orientated. :)

Thanks for the info Brian....sounds like your trips are a lot of fun, and great to see that the finding of gold and gems is the added bonus to an enjoyable camping trip...love to catch up on one of your future trips....Cheers Wal. :)

The bridle track can be accessed from Hill End heading south toward bathurst & from bathurst in the opposite direction,
However you cannot drive the full length due to the land slip ,but it is possible to camp along the river It is accessible by 2wd in Dry weather but I would not advise doing it in the wet. 3 weeks ago the road was fine. Some excellent campsites along the river and plenty of them!

Sounds Like a great little club. would be interested in coming on a trip with you in the near future

BRUIZER said:
Sounds Like a great little club. would be interested in coming on a trip with you in the near future
next trip is to Bingara on the 27 sep 2013 :)

there is 3 events listed for the dubbo club in the near future
1, Bathurst goldfields day tour on 15th February
2inverell sapphire hunt on the weekend of 11 april
3lightning ridge on july 4
these camps usually run in school holidays. if any body wishes to know I'm only to happy to supply more info

cheers bisho

Good luck with the club guys.

Sounds like you got a good balance of things there. I would hope to meet up with you at some stage.

living in Lithgow nsw area now wound dubbo or syd be the group to go to as can not find one closer.

Latest posts