Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minkawilson said:
Hi.
Thanks for that.... but i have stopped looking.

I received my second hand GPX4500 this afternoon, standard with one coil for $3400. I have ordered a new power cable as this one looks a bit suss and I m also going to buy another coil, I just need to decide on an "all round coil".
I have a lot to learn from stepping up from the ATgold to a GPX.
Cheers

Where do you find them for that price????

Ballsup said:
Nice...I will have to wait till next year as am saving very very hard for a holiday later this year and can't divert the funds (though sorely tempted) - But taking 11yo daughter to Disneyland comes first. (OK OK, Hong Kong Disneyland, but still a biggy I hope - She does not know...yet) Where you at? I hired a 5000 for a day in Bendigo, managed to find some lead shot but no gold. Cheers

Great holiday! Me and the missus are hopefully going to the US next year.
I am in Brissy and have never used a Gpx before. I am building my camper before heading to Victoria in April and I think my Gpx learning will be done in a Victorian forest.

Cheers

Sparra said:
minkawilson said:
Hi.
Thanks for that.... but i have stopped looking.

I received my second hand GPX4500 this afternoon, standard with one coil for $3400. I have ordered a new power cable as this one looks a bit suss and I m also going to buy another coil, I just need to decide on an "all round coil".
I have a lot to learn from stepping up from the ATgold to a GPX.
Cheers

Where do you find them for that price????

They are around..... I nearly had a 5000 for $4500 but just couldnt get them over the line. They want $4900 and i really didnt want to spend that much. At the price this was and the money saved, it will do me. Apparently there is not much difference between the 4500 and the 5000.

The hard thing is deciding on another coil. Do I go 14 or 18 inch or bigger, round or elongated and mono or dd?

Cheers

hello am Spanish pizarro nuggets and gold prospector,
and bought a gpx 5000 Chinese! 1300 to the trash
the machine is the same on the outside but inside has nothing to equal.
does not make the earth,
is no pulse induction,
is a wired vlf
I am outraged.
so I'm posting in all forums search engines to not mislead anyone else.
I have pictures of the Plate... :mad: :mad:

Sorry that it happened to you.
It has been widely relayed in this forum, but it is good to remind everyone that those fake detector are still on the market and specially on ebay.

pizarro1976 said:
hello am Spanish pizarro nuggets and gold prospector,
and bought a gpx 5000 Chinese! 1300 to the trash
the machine is the same on the outside but inside has nothing to equal.
does not make the earth,
is no pulse induction,
is a wired vlf
I am outraged.
so I'm posting in all forums search engines to not mislead anyone else.
I have pictures of the Plate... :mad: :mad:

Pizarro , did you buy it from internet or from local supplier ?

do you have police there that investigate fraud or counterfeit ?

many countries have police that arrest people who sell counterfeit machines

try talk to them ?

good luck to find a real one , and thanks for sending photos of your nice hot local spanish women

oh hang on , sorry , my dog wrote that rude comment above

thanks
will hang some pictures of the Spanish nuggets
igal yellow that Australian
the country with more gold in Europe.

Do not buy in china are minelab detector vlf 9.6hz :mad:

Haha mr "galactic*bidz" ebay ,gumtree and galactic bidz seller cant believe he was hustling people for thousands with those $400 alibaba toys,someone should buy one with a baseball bat :)

loamer said:
item is now closed ;)

Serves them right, why the hell would you admit to selling a fake, and still ask $4000+ for the privilege of owning one? There is only one motive, and that is to makes some quick cash at someone elses expense. :rolleyes:

hi all and hope every1 had a safe and happy easter
ok is there any fake 4500s or is it only the 5k there ripping off

There was talk of fake 4500's awhile ago plus a verified stolen shipment which Minelab have a list of serial numbers on their website.
Check the serial number & original purchase details through Minelab & you'll be fine. Also get a test run/demo if you are close enough.

thanks mbasko
will get the s/n and ring minelab tomorrow.i wish it was that easy to view it.
the guy who is selling it hasn't any pics as he doesn't have a camera.modern day and age no camera but has internet to post adds.mmmm not to sure atm.will let you know
and thanks again
jason

Jason, we have forum members all over Aust,
I'm sure someone could have a look/see on your behalf.

yes that is true and thanks.
until I can make up my own mind I wont waste anyone else by having a look.
as you all know its a big decision when outlaying that kind of money.
my biggest decision is to with the 4500 or 5k.
there is so many options at the moment people selling there machines I don't know what to do.
I did have my mind set on the 4500 for price but there is a couple 5k getting around just little bit more.not sure to save up bit more or go with the cheaper 4500.
to many choices and not enough knowledge and being the 1st machine not sure where to start

thanks again for your reply redfin and when the it comes to crunch time I will put a post out if needed for some1 to have a look for me if anyone is near there

Has anyone been onto alibaba and typed in metal detectors there are knock off GPX 5000 and many others going at less than a quarter for what you would pay for the branded product. I was thinking along the lines of everything these days in built in China and so you may get lucky and get a unit that has come off the same production line...... What are people's thoughts?

Also, seriously what is the best detector available for high trash areas? Fisher F75????

Is there a detector in the market that can reliably filter out iron and other metals? A mate of mine has a DEUS and thus far it's been a piece of junk.

Any thoughts and opinions positive or negative would be appreciated.

Forget about buying off Alibaba, there has been correspondence with the manufacturers of theses knock offs in the past, and they admit to them being just a vlf in a copied gpx5000 housing. The guts of some of these detectors have also been looked at locally, and they in no way resemble minelab technology, just a cheap detector.

Regarding the f75 question, are you talking about coin/relic detecting, or gold detecting?

pjhutchi said:
Is there a detector in the market that can reliably filter out iron and other metals? A mate of mine has a DEUS and thus far it's been a piece of junk.

Any thoughts and opinions positive or negative would be appreciated.

Stay away from the junk and only go through a reputable dealer, I have bought second hand detectors but only through Minelab dealers.

The genuine Minelab SD2200D has discrimination, it will give a different tone for iron and a different tone for gold. Well at least that has been my experience and that of the people I know that have used my machine. My machine is not modded in any way.

Latest posts