Redhead beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellow fever

David
Reaction score
Got my new toy and chucked a sickie ( have of one) a lot of junk on redhead beach ( well a bit less now ) anyone ever have any luck there before ?

Congrats on getting your detector :)

Redhead usually pays pretty well in regards to coins and you'll find most of them with 5-10mtrs from the club / restaurant, also focus on the entry / exits. I believe it's been hit pretty hard from some of the guys after we had all that rain a few weeks back, so you may need to wait until stocks have been replenished.

In terms of configuration for the Ace 250, try All Metal Mode and eliminate (discriminate) the first 2 notches from the left. Start with sensitive at full and back it off a couple of notches if it gets a bit chattery.

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks ! I did set the sensitivity back a couple of notches but didn't do the same for the discriminate

Had another go this morning and found a cheap pendent at redhead. Headed to blacksmiths and found my first 1 cent coin and my first gold coin not too bad for my second go. I'll post some photos when I get a chance

Well done mate, looking forward to the photo.

How are you finding the detector?

yeah good mate its very user friendly and really sensitive , it picks up some really small objects it's just to bad it''s been mostly junk so far but thats ok I'm atleast finding things
1364088696_018.jpg

heres a photo of todays effort

That's a quirky little piece, it's funny some the things you come across.

Yeah the Ace 250 is a great machine. We've got a few 250 users on the forum which I'm sure would be more than happy to offer some pointers if you ever need them.

Keep your finds coming :)

I went for a quick detect at redhead beach this morning, there was a couple of little cuts in the beach and I finished up with $8.55 in an hour and a half. I could of stayed longer but the beach started to get busy, so I called it a day.
Rob

Latest posts