2013 finds - Scoopa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats finding a untouched area, the storms would have made it easier to detect on some beaches, harder on others. Would have a lot of junk mixed in with some of it. Good luck with the next outing. :) Mick

That's what surprised me Axeman, the only junk I found was one piece of foil, one stainless steel bolt and one ring pull. That's a big difference to many other days on the beach as anyone would know.

1362831839_bottle.jpg

Went for a quick hunt this morning at a local park. Found 10 coins. Pennys as follows: 1866,1884 1917. 1/2 Pennys; 1887 & 1948. Only one sixpence;1951 'PL'. 1 10 cent and three 1 cent. also found the usual brass and copper hardware pieces. An unusual find was the glass syringe bottle which was about 25cm (10 inches) down. The E-trac really went off on the small aluminium top. Will be hitting a beach tomorrow. Keep you updated.

Great finds, I like the pre-dec coins I think I must still some pioneer spirit in me. I tend relate to the currency from pre 66 as being my heritage.

1362910967_redhead_p3100197.jpg

Made my second visit to a local beach which has suffered storm damage. Located 49 decimal coins. 1 large beach sinker. 1 dog tag. 1 gold coloured bead and the usual rubbish. This takes my total at this spot to 161 decimal coins for about 3 1/2 hours swing time. I'll probably give it a miss for awhile as the waves are now starting to rebuild the damaged area.

1363171522_p3130199.jpg

Went out this after noon for a quick swing. Found out what electrical interference (under ground cables) can do to your detector, especially when their not buried according to regulations. Not fun! However after avoiding this area found the following. Australiam Pennys;1928,1940,1942,1943 and 1951. A 1919 Australian Half penny, Australian Sixpence; 1942 Denver 'D' & 1951. English Penny; 1910 and two other where the dates are worn away. $9 in one and two dollars coins. A small butterfly pendant marked 925 and a large brass plumb bob which sent the E-trac into overload. There was the usual assortment of brass and copper pieces and rubbish. But all-in-all a good time.

That's nice going I recon. Thanks for sharing.
The plumb bob should look cool polished up.

Goldbuzzhashit and I hit Nobbys and Newcastle Beach this morning. Not much to report about Nobby's (just about done to death I think) however had abit more luck at Newcastle Beach, I located 22 coins (nearly all small decimals) with one being a very corroded Early Australian Threepence. Can only just make out the coat of arms even after cleaning so God only knows how long it's been there. I also located a men's watch which is still working and a Tiffany & Co 925 silver toe ring (At least that's what I think it is) not being into toe rings! All in all a great 2 hours spent on the beach.

1363760080_p3200209nob2.jpg

Great mixed bag there mate,..the watch looks like it hasn't long been lost, and i guess if it's still working there's no excuse for getting home late...Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts