2013 finds littleazza

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the beach last night with the 5000 got lots of junk $3.25 and a 1950 there pence come I couldn't read what it was lastnight so I put it in some viniger and wow it looks good IM happy to find something so small down so deep

Thats a bummer, would have liked to see the threepence all cleaned, being a 1950 coin they are all silver and not 50% like the 1953 onwards to 67" and they clean up really well. Why wont I take my 5000 on the beach, salt and electronics dont mix :/ plus I'm too old to dig a metre deep hole for a 20 cent coin :lol:

I use a damp rag to wipe it down when IM done and I have a cover over the box I've not had to dig that deep yet but I'll do it for a bottle top or what ever is down there .. Do any of you know how much if anything the there pence is worth

According to the 2013 Australian Coins and Banknotes Guide a 1950 threepence in very good condition is worth about $1 :D

littleazza said:
Do any of you know how much if anything the there pence is worth

In mint condition you might get $20-$25 tops depending on the collector, otherwise its probably only worth the silver content value. Key dates obviously fetch for much more.

I've got a 1935 and 1944 threepence that I recently found. Both cleaned up reasonably well with bi-carb.

Cool thanks I didn't want to sell it it's the first one I found and when I get my first nugget I won't sell it I may never sell any old coin that I find I think there cool to have and just think how long it's been down there can't wait for my next one

Went out for a bit of a hunt (with the ferrets ) and I found some old Ford pills and other old small glass bottles that the rabbits are digging out I'll keep looking down there for other cool bits and Bobs is anyone from 1963 and remembers Ford pills I looked the old TV add up on YouTube

Unfortunatly littlazza i do remember Ford Pills.
Very popular with the girls back then as a weight loss tablet I believe.
From what i've been told they dehydrated you to buggery in the start as most laxatives did....and voila....instant weight loss.
I remember overhearing stories of young girls getting sick because they took too many too soon.

Latest posts