Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 81

Stephen Andrews
Reaction score
Today I picked up my new CTX3030 plus a 17" smart coil :) :) :) can't wait until the battery charges up.
1365672703_img_0309.jpg

WOW that 17" coil is BIG

Blue, Congratulations on the addition to the family! Better go to the Gym and do some working out before you start to swing that big coil. That is a monster! You will certainly cover some territory with that thing :p . I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on that detector and to get some hands on comparisons with how it goes against my E-trac.

Good on ya mate and the very best of luck with it , Hope you have some great finds :cool:

Just got back from the big smoke (Melbourne) with my nice new CTX3030 with an extra 6" DD coil. :)
Now all that's left is to workout how to use it. :/
Oh and to find some coins to pay for the next item on my list. 8)
Just love it when a plan comes together :lol:

Cheers
Dogz

good detector , some say an improvement over the E-TRAC,plenty of youtube vids on the CTX 3030.I have watched most of them .

good luck

Paul

Love mine, have found plenty with it.

Just start off with the factory presets, they work fine.

I work in relic mode with no discrimination, this setting has found me some nice targets that were masked by iron.

Thanx :) AussieTreasureDigger for the great guidance I sure will follow your advice on the relic mode, I've also just found some of your YouTube videos, what I've seen they look great, Ill spend tonight watching them all and learning some more from you.

Dogz said:
Thanx :) AussieTreasureDigger for the great guidance I sure will follow your advice on the relic mode, I've also just found some of your YouTube videos, what I've seen they look great, Ill spend tonight watching them all and learning some more from you.

Thanks mate there's a few hunts on there, and a fw more up y sleeve ;)

Minelab Demo Day today - the CTX3030

After viewing demonstrations of various Minelab detectors, I was impressed by the CTX3030 as it is able to download the software, maps and other items from the Minelab site. It is also the only detector with GPS site functionality.

I was wondering whether any prospectors have accessed or used the functionality as yet with any success. The detector will be used for treasure hunting mainly and some gold sites at times.

I was advised to also get a 6" Double D coil too for gold hunting.

Your expert views would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks
Vicki

I thought I would just add this as an observation and a resolving of that issue.
Through out my life I have been subject to substantial noise both jet engine and gun fire and so my hearing has suffered, to the extent I was recommended to have hearing aids fitted. I have noticed over the last ten years more and more difficulty in "hearing" my metal detector's responses to signals even with headphones on.
So when the CTX3030 came along I did bucket loads of research on it and with the co-operation of my local audiologist I have adjusted the signal tones to all fall within the ranges I can actually hear or at least hear with minimum loss. What a difference to the targets I can now hear. The only drawback is the tone separation of some ferrous objects and a very few of the conductive but of these conductive there is still a small detectable aurally between them. All I can say is well done Mine lab! :D

Bob.

that's awesome that you can adjust the settings like that & you can hear the signals again!

Latest posts