2013 finds heavymetal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
1362735321_sany0650.jpg

Goldbuzzhashit said:
Very nice heavy metal, what does the red with white cross say, if you don't mind. :cool:
The red pin says DEO PATRICE LITTERIS. Not sure where it's from but it looks old :)

The crest is the Burning Bush.
The shield is quartered by the Cross of St. Andrew
Above - the Royal Crown
left - the Southern Cross
right - the Blazing Torch
below - a Lymphad.
The Burning Bush of Moses stands for 'Deo' in the School Motto.
the Royal Crown stands for loyalty to the Sovereign and represents the 'Patriae' representing loyalty to Australia.
The Torch with its golden flame represents 'Litteris' or learning.
The Lymphad is a galley with sails furled, oars in use, rowing into the wind, representing boldness, determination and a spirit of adventure.
These symbols are on a blue background with the silver diagonal Cross of Saint Andrew, which links the school with its Scottish heritage, St Andrew being the Patron Saint of Scotland.
The School Colours
Cardinal, with gold and royal blue stripes.
:) Mick
PS: this is deo patraie litteris stands for. Nice pins

1363674959_sany0691.jpg

A few hours of digging up ring pulls but it was all worth it for that gold ring. It weighs 6.3 grams and I think it is 18k ! :)

Went out last night for a couple of hours. Tried an old Showgrounds but got nothing but cans and lids so we went to a big park/playground and I got a few spenders and a gold ring. With the AT Gold and my mate with his Ace 350.
1367377219_img_1323.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

Went back to one of my favorite spots on Friday. I love it when an old spot still produces good coins !
IMG_1553.jpg

I bought my son a Garrett Ace 350 and took him out the other day for his first time. He did really good. At one stage he said "Dad I think we've hit a patch of cars" He had a ball and I think I have a detecting partner for life !
IMG_1522.jpg

Latest posts